We feel it is incredibly important to take a moment to update you during the coronavirus outbreak and how the quarantine is impacting custom home builders and their clients. We are in this together and we will get through it together as we look out for each other and our community.
At Blythe Building Company, we take everyone’s health seriously. This is why we are committed to implementing the latest CDC and OSHA guidelines for our industry.
According to South Carolina’s governor, Henry McMaster, construction is classified as an essential service—along with real estate, and other areas involved in the housing market. We are humbled and honored to be able to continue to meet your custom home building needs during this time in Lexington, SC and around the greater Columbia, SC area.
Here are some of the ways we will seek to protect you and your family during the shelter in place order while we take you through the home building process:
Our Home Builder Coronavirus Policies
- We will practice proper social distancing by staying at least 6 feet away from homeowners and others on job sites.
- Our employees are monitoring their temperatures and health and will not come to work if they have a fever or any symptoms of illness.
- We offer online or by phone meetings to discuss house plans, contracts, and other decisions.
- We offer virtual tours of our homes that are for sale with attention to detail.
- We won't ask clients to touch any of our equipment or any touch screens or electronics.
- We will use alcohol-based hand sanitizer or wash our hands with soap frequently on job sites whenever possible.
- When a home is nearing completion, we will disinfect frequently touched surfaces with an EPA-registered disinfectant after each shift.
- We will limit the number of people on a job site to only those necessary for the work.
- We will screen visitors to our job sites for exposure to or symptoms of COVID-19 before admitting them access to the site.
- We will wear gloves, cloth face-coverings, and eye protection on-site at appropriate times according to the CDC and OSHA guidelines.
- We will minimize ride-sharing.
- We will try to avoid sharing tools with others and disinfect them if we must share them.
- We will cover coughs and sneezes with proper etiquette.
Our goal as a local custom builder is to obey all the rules and regulations the government provides while our state is under quarantine orders so that we can protect lives and all get back to normal as quickly as possible.
If you have any questions or concerns about our policies or how we can best protect your health as we build a custom home for you, please call our office at 803-749-2112.
We are thankful for the opportunity to be a part of turning your dream home into a beautiful reality.
Are you looking for a trusted home builder in the Lexington, SC area?
Please contact us today!
We take great pride in building the finest homes in areas like:
Lexington, Blythewood, Chapin, Irmo, Forest Acres, downtown Columbia, West Columbia, Pinewood, Ballentine, the Lake Murray area, and more.
17 Tips to Get Your Home Ready to Sell During Social Distancing
When you're ready to build your new custom home, you may also need to sell your old home. Check out our tips on selling your old house quickly!
Is Now a Good Time to Build a New Home with COVID-19?
The construction industry is labelled "essential" even during the quarantine. Before you dismiss the idea of building a new home right now, check out this post!
How Would You Build Your Dream Custom Home?
Check out this rundown of things to weigh before you build your perfect dream home. Then you'll be ready to find the best home builders in Columbia, SC.