The wonderful thing about a custom home is that you can design a home that meets your specific needs and desires. Your home builder or architect can help you find house plans with lots of extra storage space.
If you love low-clutter living spaces but you need to have more things in your life than you may like to see lying around the house, you can still have the beautiful look and feel of no clutter and clean lines.
The key is to have the right kind of built-in storage and to use it wisely.
With the right storage, you can keep your home organized and put the things you don’t want to see away out of sight. Then you can enjoy the relaxing feeling of a tidy, shipshape space. But you also have the things you need and enjoy within easy reach.
Custom home storage options to help you tame the clutter:
Living Area Storage Ideas
- Built-in cabinets
- Built-in shelves
- Walk-in closets and larger closets
- Hidden work areas
- Fold-out desks and tables
- Built-in window seats with storage
Mudroom Storage Ideas
- Built-in benches with drawers, cubbies, and coat hooks
- A charging station for everyone’s electronics
Foyer Storage Ideas
- Built-in cabinets and shelves
- An oversized closet
Kitchen Storage Ideas
- An oversized, walk-in pantry with plenty of shelves and cabinets
- Lots of built-in cabinets
- A custom breakfast nook with built-in bench and storage
- A generous island with plenty of cabinets underneath
- A hidden large kitchen prep area with a sink and dishwasher
- A hidden desk area in a built-in custom cabinet
- Storage areas for pet’s food and water bowls
- Storage for pet’s large food containers
Bedroom Storage Ideas
- Large closets with space for dirty clothes hampers
- Closet systems
- Built-in desks, cabinets, and shelves
- Plenty of built-in kid-friendly storage for toys in children’s rooms
- Custom window seats with built-in storage
Laundry Room Storage Ideas
- Built-in cabinets
- Built-in shelves
- Custom panels to cover the appliances
- Large closets with sliding doors for hanging clothes
Bathroom Storage Ideas
- Plenty of built-in cabinets and shelves
- A large closet for towels and necessities
- Built-in storage around the sinks to hide toiletries
- Built-in storage near the shower and toilet for towels and supplies
- Storage rooms with plenty of shelving or cabinet doors
- Larger garage spaces
- Custom storage buildings
- Under-the-stairs cubbies, cabinets, or play spaces
- Attic storage
A custom home can help you keep clutter under control
Of course, you’ll still want to clean out your cabinets, drawers, and closets now and then. But having the right storage for your family’s needs can help you keep your extra things out of sight but organized and super easy to find.
If you go ahead and plan for a place to store the things you don’t want cluttering your living space and you have a specific place for different things, you can help your family keep your home looking beautiful and guest-ready all the time. You may just enjoy your home more, too!
So if you love a clean minimalist look but aren’t ready for an extremely minimalist lifestyle, don’t worry! A well-designed custom home can give you the best of both worlds. You can keep your stuff out of sight and beautifully organized.
A custom home won’t declutter itself. But it can be a great tool to help you keep unsightly things out of view so that you can enjoy wide-open spaces. Maybe you are thinking about building a new home? A home builder in South Carolina can help you find just the right solution for you.
Of course, a custom home and minimalism can also go together extremely well. With a dream home you design yourself, you can have any lifestyle you prefer.
Ready to build a home with plenty of storage space in Columbia, SC?
Contact us today and let’s get started!
We build beautiful homes in areas like:
Lexington, Irmo, Ballentine, Chapin, Columbia, Blythewood, West Columbia, Forest Acres, Pinewood, and more.
How Would You Build Your Dream Custom Home?
Check out this rundown of things to weigh before you build your perfect dream home. Then you'll be ready to find the best home builders in Columbia, SC.
How Long Does Building a House Typically Take?
It's important to have a general idea of your home building timeline before you commit to build a new home.
What Are the Hassles of Home Building?
While some hassles are unavoidable, others may be sidestepped if you have the right knowledge and a great team of trusted home builders working with you.