The new year brings with it the prospect of a fresh start. A new chapter. And with all that newness, many people are ready for something new in their housing choices and home decor, as well, when they design and build new homes.
What do we expect to be popular for custom home trends in 2020 as an award-winning home builder in the Lexington, SC area?
Our top custom home predictions for 2020:
- Coastal themes with shiplap walls and accent walls that have clean lines.
- Sustainable, recyclable, and natural materials.
- Home automation and smart homes that are energy efficient.
- Floor plans with open spaces and high ceilings.
- Bigger spa-like bathrooms for relaxation.
- Bronze, black steel, gold tones, and black metals.
- Bright, vibrant accent colors will be mixed with pale neutrals as accent colors—green military acid, golden yellow, deep emerald, saturated blue, color blocking, browns and rust effects on walls.
- Earth tones—people want to include more of nature and the colors of nature in their living spaces.
- Bold monochromatic rooms—like all-cobalt blue living rooms or all-black kitchens.
- Biophilia—increasing the connection between people and nature with plenty of wood floors, stone, natural light, and plant life (even small gardens) indoors.
- Modern rustic—combining beautiful modern design with old reclaimed wood beams in the ceiling, rustic wood or stone floors.
- Wabi Sabi—Interior designers will focus on appreciating the beauty of the old and worn. Many people will mix the modern and new with older, warmer, textured items.
- Terracotta tiles with a natural matte finish and warm colors.
- Prep pantries—food prep areas may be kept out of sight so that the kitchen always looks great for entertaining. Even the refrigerator and dishwasher may be hidden as much as possible.
- Command centers—either in the kitchen or in the mudroom area, people want a place to charge everyone’s devices, store keys, and handle other important household maintenance.
- Flex spaces—instead of separating work areas in a closed office, many people want to bring work into their living spaces (in the kitchen or living area). Others are combining workspaces in a large closet where the clutter can be hidden.
- Bigger driveways—needed to accommodate all the cars in many growing families or families who have multiple generations living together.
- Wet bars in the pool area with sinks and food prep areas.
- Outdoor fireplaces and entertainment areas— for movies, video games, and VR experiences.
- Full kitchen islands with sinks, dishwashers, and many other high-tech gadgets.
- Botanical or artistic wallpaper that looks like works of art.
- Universal design—so that people can age in place or help care for aging family members.
- Downstairs master suites or two master suites, one downstairs and one upstairs.
- A move to smaller tiles for backsplashes in kitchens and bathrooms.
- Built-in surveillance systems.
Lexington, SC continues to be one of the hottest areas in the state for growth and new homes. It’s a great place to find a custom builder.
Ready to build a new home for your family in 2020 in Lexington, SC?
Please contact us today!
We do new home construction in areas like:
Blythewood, Forest Acres, downtown Columbia, West Columbia, Pinewood, Lexington, Irmo, Ballentine, Chapin, the Lake Murray area, and more.
—2020 most popular decor trends by state
—17 Luxury Exterior Home Improvements You Will See by 2020
New Architecture Trends for 2020 and 2021
—7 Home Decor Trends for 2020
— Design Trends 2020
Lexington SC Is Growing at an Amazing Pace!
Lexington, SC is growing! The county is one of the fastest-growing in the state, and the town is growing even more quickly!
Why Does Everyone Want to Live in Lexington, SC?
The town of Lexington, SC is one of the fastest-growing areas in the state. It's one of the best neighborhoods to live in in the Columbia, SC area.
Build on Your Own Lot in Lexington, SC
Find out why Lexington, SC is one of the most popular places for new home construction in the state of South Carolina!